So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
1. In what ways would you like to change?
2. Do you agree that it’s your heart that is resisting the change you’d like to see?
3. What is discipling you? What contexts are feeding and shaping your heart?
4. “Nothing tastes as good as X makes me feel.” What is X for you?
5. Are you looking at spiritual disciplines (prayer, worship, service, etc) primarily as things to do, or as contexts in which God will feed and shape you?
6. What does it mean for you to place yourself in God’s arms? Do you believe that nothing tastes better than Him?