[Jesus said] “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 Pray then like this: “Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
1. Do you/how do you usually think about the presence of evil?
2. How do you feel about the notion of having evil/wickedness in you?
3. Are you helpless? Where do you experience helplessness the most?
4. How can you lean into dependence today?
5. What lego brick have you been stepping on recently?
6. Share this prayer with someone else – Lord, let me not be led into (insert temptation here) but deliver me from (insert evil here).