[Jesus said] “Pray then like this: “Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
1. What comes to your mind when you hear the words God’s kingdom and God’s will?
2. Do you find it a tendency to focus exclusively on your own needs and will in prayer?
3. Have there been times when things happened to you you thought would be bad but turned out to have really positive consequences?
4. How much do you long for God’s Kingdom and Jesus’ return?
5. Are you ever frightened of God’s will? How do you deal with that?
6. Are you able to trust God even when you don’t understand? If so, how?