[Jesus said] “Pray then like this: “Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. 14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
1. As you go through your day, how do you grade the severity of your sins against God vs the severity of others’ sins against you?
2. Again, as you go through your day, does it feel to you that your sins are so great that Jesus had to die for them, or does it feel like you can work them off, or at least compare favorably against others?
3. Do you ask for forgiveness of your sins, or for the strength to work off your sins?
4. When have you experienced sheer grace from God?
5. Does it seem right to you that forgiveness serves relationship? Does that change at all how you approach forgiveness?
6. What keeps God’s grace toward you bottled up in your life? Do you want to be a channel of God’s grace and mercy?