[Jesus said] “As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. 20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
1. What are the ties that keep you connected to your various communities?
2. How is the community of God (the trinity) different from other communities?
3. Would does it look like for Christian community to image the trinity?
4. If someone asked you what made Christian community different from other communities, what would you say?
5. What kind of glory is the church given and what kind of glory should it pursue?
6. Does God’s love for you propel you to love others? If not, why?