My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
1. What are your initial thoughts after hearing the long list of James’ commands?
2. What makes a “good Christian”? Are you one? Why or why not?
3. Do you struggle with imposter syndrome, spiritually or otherwise? How so?
4. For the Christian, what are some reasons you might hesitate to call someone back to the Truth?
5. Is the truth of God’s love and grace more compelling than the truth of hard work and performance for you and your neighbors?
6. Do you believe Jesus has covered you? Does that bring you freedom? How so?
7. What are some ways we can remain focused on what Jesus has done for us rather than what we have done (or fail to do) for him?