[Jesus said] “I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.” 29 His disciples said, “Ah, now you are speaking plainly and not using figurative speech! 30 Now we know that you know all things and do not need anyone to question you; this is why we believe that you came from God.” 31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe? 32 Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
1. What does peace mean to you? Is it something you look or strive for?
2. Where do you look for peace? What do you do or not do in response to not being able to find peace?
3. What circumstances seem to have the most impact on your peace?
4. If you are a Christian, do you find yourself having faith in your faith? How does that impact you?
5. Do you believe Jesus has overcome the trials and tribulations you face? Does that make a difference as you face them?
6. When do you experience being “in” Jesus? Is your experience of peace different on those occasions? If so, how?