[Jesus said] “Pray then like this: Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
1. What reminds you that this world is not your ‘home’?
2. Think about all the petitions in the Lord’s prayer, which seems to be the easiest for you to ‘control’ or take care of on your own power?
2b. Which of them seems the most intimidating; impossible to handle?
3. When do you feel most alone?
4. Why does being in God’s kingdom/being under his power/being used for his glory encourage and comfort you?
5. Do you identify more with the David response (proud, independent) or the Solomon response (self-pity, hopelessness) as Steven presented it?