Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
1. What role would you say you play in your own life story? Hero? Villain? Innocent bystander? – How does that impact the way you think and feel and act?
2. Where do you see selfish ambition or jealousy creating disorder in your life?
3. In what area do you feel most isolated in your life? Is there a connection to your own ‘natural wisdom’?
4. When have you felt united to someone through selflessness? Yours or theirs.
5. How can you begin to ‘make peace’ in your relationships? How will it require you to believe and live out of the wisdom from above?